Thank you for using marugotonihongo.jp (hereafter referred to as this “Website”). The purpose of this Website is to promote the use of “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture”, which is based on standards set by JF Standard for Japanese Language Education, as teaching material. We do this by providing worldwide purchasing support and supplementary materials to language teachers, students, and anyone else with an interest in Japanese language education.
This Website is managed and operated by SANSHUSHA Publishing Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as the “Company”).
(1) The copyrights and intellectual property rights of all information published on this Website (including text, illustrations, images, sounds, videos, etc.) belong to The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute unless otherwise noted.
(2) Reprinting or reproduction of the information published on this Website in whole or in part is forbidden except for personal use.
- An e-mail address; and
- A username;
An e-mail address that has already been registered cannot be used to register again. A user’s registration can be deleted by the user at any time. Registration and use of this Website are free.
We may contact users at the e-mail address they provide in response to inquiries, to send surveys, etc. We may utilize information such as thoughts and opinions a user has shared when considering how to manage and make improvements to this Website.
User memberships may be temporarily suspended or deleted without prior notification if any of the following apply:
(1) If the user’s registration information is found to be false;
(2) If the user uses this Website in an unauthorized manner; or
[Our policy on protecting personal information]
(1) Users are forbidden from using this Website in the following manners:
1. Engaging in any action that infringes on the copyright, intellectual property right, property right, likeness right, or privacy of another user, a third party, or The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute;
2. Engaging in slander against another user, a third party, or this Website;
3. Attempting to send or embed a malicious computer program;
4. Criminal activities;
5. Activities that violate public order and morality;
6. Using this Website in an attempt to make a profit;
7. Political or election related activities;
8. Using this site with the direct goal of propagating religion or spreading designated principles, arguments or political policies; and
9. Any other activities that interfere with the operation of this Website
(2) The Company reserves the right to claim compensation from any user who causes damage to the Company through any of the aforementioned actions.
(1) The Company takes the utmost care in securing this Website. However, we cannot guarantee the complete exclusion of the possibility that mistakes in this Website’s contents or mistakes due to unavoidable events such as manipulation by a third party will occur. We bear no responsibility for any loss or damages that occur as a result of use of this Website and the information it contains.
(2) The Company strives to provide accurate contents on this Website. However, we offer no guarantee regarding any information provided on this Website. We bear no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damages that may occur as a result of using this Website. We ask that users use this Website at their own risk.
(3) The Company bears no responsibility for any losses or damages incurred due to the leakage of a user’s e-mail address or password. This includes unauthorized account access, unauthorized access to user communications or data, and unauthorized changes being made to user accounts.
(4) Any disputes that occur between users of this Website or between a user and a third party are to be settled by the parties concerned.
[Governing laws and jurisdiction]
Please see our separate “About This Site” section for information on how to use this Website most comfortably.
[Changes to and stoppage of the service]
This Website’s contents and URL are subject to changes or deletion at any time. Additionally, our system may be subject to temporary technical difficulties or maintenance, during which time the service may be unavailable in whole or in part. The Company will send notifications to users through reasonable means to inform them of updates to or stoppage of the service.
Enacted March 3, 2015